I'm a computer science student at the University of British Columbia
in stunningly beautiful Vancouver.
On campus, you'll find me running around TA-ing for my favourite CS courses,
or hanging out in the lab.
I have broad interests within computer science, which currently include:
- Design and implementation of usable, human-oriented programming languages
- Software development processes to mitigate challenges in engineering large, complex, and evolving software systems
- Accountability in machine learning algorithms
- Data privacy
I'm currently doing undergraduate research with Gail Murphy
and Ron Garcia
, hoping to dig into those first two points.
A brief history of (my) time (at UBC):
- [UPCOMING] Oct 2017: I will be attending PLMW and volunteering at SPLASH in Vancouver, BC
- [UPCOMING] Oct 2017: I will be attending the OurCS research workshop at CMU in Pittsburgh, PA
- Sept-Dec 2017: Teaching Assistant for UBC's data structures and algorithms class (CPSC 221)
- Jun-Sept 2017: I will be spending the summer interning as an SDE at Microsoft HQ in Redmond, WA
- May 2017: Attended the Programming Languages Implementation Summer School (PLISS) in Bertinoro, Italy, thanks to a fellowship from the PLISS folks.
Read my blog posts here, here, and here to see what I learned there!
- Jan 2017: Attended POPL'17 (specifically PLMW) in Paris, France, thanks to a scholarship from the PLMW folks.
Read my blog post on what I learned there!
- Jan-Apr 2017: Teaching Assistant for UBC's data structures and algorithms class (CPSC 221)
- Oct 2016: Attended the Grace Hopper Conference '16 in Houston, TX, thanks to a faculty grant
- Sept 2016: Attended Strata and Hadoop World '16 in New York, NY, thanks to an O'Reilly scholarship
- Sept-Dec 2016: Teaching Assistant for UBC's data structures and algorithms class (CPSC 221)
- Feb 2016: I led the programming activities at GIRLsmarts4tech at UBC
- Jan 2016: Attended the ACM Canadian Celebration of Women in Computing in Ottawa, ON, thanks to a faculty grant and the folks at CAN-CWiC
- Jan-Aug 2016: I co-oped at Tasktop Technologies as a full-stack engineer working on the integration hub. Read my blog post on what I learned there!
- Nov 2015: Attended HackHarvard'15 in Cambridge, MA, thanks to a department grant
- Nov 2015: Attended LISA'15 in Washington, DC, thanks to a USENIX scholarship
- Oct 2015: Built Dinosaur Detector at DubHacks in Seattle, WA. It ended up being a finalist!
- Sept 2015: Built TamaTimer at my first ever hackathon during Vancouver Startup Week
- Sept-Dec 2015: Teaching Assistant for UBC's introductory computer science class (CPSC 110)
Wanna chat about my work, or share an awesome recipe? Please drop me a line via any of my online profiles.